Who Do We Serve?The Salvation Army is looking for families in need of help this Christmas season. If you are facing economic hardships or a household crisis and have children that will be ages birth through 12 years old (born on or after 12/1/11), you may be eligible for holiday assistance this year.
What Do We Provide?
Eligible children will receive toys courtesy of The Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, and Joy Fund programs. Children may also receive clothing, a stocking, and/or a small package of food.
How Do I Apply?
- When? Applications will be accepted online between August 28, 2023, and October 6, 2023.
- Where? This site is for Christmas applicants residing in Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake, and Portsmouth only*
*If you live outside of these areas, please search for and contact The Salvation Army office closest to you for assistance:
- E-mail - You will need an email address to apply online. If you don’t already have one, free email accounts can be obtained at many sites, including Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.
- Computer/Smart Phone with Camera – You will be required to upload pictures of the documents listed below during your application session. Have them on hand and/or already saved as pictures on your computer/smartphone before you begin:
- Picture ID – Government picture ID for parent/guardian applying
- Proof of Address – If your ID shows an address that is different than your current mailing address, you must also provide an additional document showing accurate local address information. If this applies to you, please also upload a utility bill or lease/mortgage documents that include your name and address.
- Child ID/Birth Date (ages 0-12 only) – Birth Certificates are preferred although we will accept other government documentation so long as it includes the child’s name, date of birth, and parent information*.
*Custody Papers – If you are not the biological parent of the child you’re applying for, you must also upload proof of legal guardianship.
Upload all documents when you apply to avoid delays, application cancellation, or denial.
Tips for a successful application:
- Contact information - We’ll need correct contact information, including email, phone, and street address in case we need to contact you with questions and send your appointment card.
- Be accurate - Make sure everything is spelled correctly and entered in the right cell, and that all birth dates are entered accurately. Do not skip any sections.
- Only apply once – Include all household children 0–12 years old and under your custody in one application. Duplicate applications may be a cause for denial.
- Try your smartphone - The Angel Web site works with smartphones which may make document uploading easier. Using a computer or tablet without a camera will require you to load document images onto the device before you can begin.
- Upload your documents - Your application is not complete until you’ve uploaded all ID/residency and child documents! Please use the “Medium” image size if given the option. Files over 10MB are too large and will not go through.
- Remember your Preregistration number – This is the easiest way to find your information. You will only see this after completing the entire application and submitting all required uploads.
- Be reasonable with your wish list request - You will be given the opportunity to suggest 3 toy wishes per child on your application. We cannot guarantee that you will get what you ask for, but it will help direct Angel sponsors and staff in the toy selection process! We do not have the ability to accommodate requests for high-end electronics or other pricey wish items so please do not waste limited space on those kinds of requests.
to begin your 2023 Christmas Application
Angel Code = HRAC23